Individuals and businesses representing all levels of the auto care industry are encouraged to participate in the “Be Car Care Aware” campaign! The Car Care Council is the information source for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign, providing information on the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair. Drive more consumers to your business and build a positive brand by getting involved. How can I get involved?
- Use Free Promotional Marketing Materials
- Tune up Your Website
- Participate in Car Care Months in April and October
- Host a Consumer Vehicle Check-Up Event
- Order Popular Car Care Guides
- Order a POS Starter Kit with ‘Be Car Care Aware’ Materials
We encourage the sharing of our car care information. If you choose to use an article or tip, please cite the Car Care Council and link back to carcare.org where appropriate. Please note that not all photos are available for sharing but all of our infographics are. Do not hesitate to contact the Car Care Council with any questions.
PARTICIPATE IN CAR CARE MONTHS
Participate in Car Care Months
National Car Care Month in April and Fall Car Care Month in October are great opportunities to drive more customers to your business. Whether you add a web banner or host a full-scale vehicle check-up event, you can reinforce current customer loyalty and attract new customers.
- Host an event or clinic.
- Attend an event in your area
- Hand out Car Care Guides to your customers. Our guide has been redesigned, updated and expanded! Check it out.
- Order the updated POS Starter Kit for all BCCA materials.
- Participate in marketing efforts. Try these easy ways:
- Add Car Care Month logos to your website or promotional materials.
- Post National Car Care Month or Fall Car Care Month banners on your website. (Link to your car care month efforts or back to www.carcare.org)
- Hang a car care month banner outside your business.
- Hang a car care month poster in your business. Order online or download and print at home.
- Send out a press release about your event using the Sample Car Care Month press release
- Tailor your company’s telephone on-hold message.
- Show video car care tips, now or all year long!
Learn more about getting involved with Be Car Care Aware every month with this free webinar.
HOST AN EVENT
Host an Event
The council has produced a variety of resources and marketing and promotional materials to help repair shops and other aftermarket businesses hop onto the National Car Care Month bandwagon. There is no one-size-fits-all template for participating.
A repair shop could:
- Hang a banner from the council celebrating car care month and invite current and prospective customers to come by for a free inspection or pick up a free Car Care Guide.
- Partner with other shops or retailers to host an event with free vehicle inspections.
Events can include:
- A local radio station remote
- A custom/race/antique car show
- Police child safety seat demos
- Refreshments from a local restaurant
- Moonbounce and face painting for children
- Demo tables showing worn out wiper blades, hoses, dirty filters, worn tires, dirty engine oil and other vehicle maintenance education.
A business who hosts an event at any level can expect to give themselves a leg up on the competition by making their business more visible to car owners in their community.
- Complete the online event registration to be added to the event finder and be included in the Car Care Council social media promotion.
- Place an order for a POS kit and for any promotional materials you want to give to your customers at the event.
Event Planning Resources:
- Register your event on carcare.org to appear in the Event Finder and be included in the council’s social media promotion.
- Test Drive Video: Watch this video to learn about hosting an event.
- CCM Event planner: The Event Planner is a how-to checklist for planning and hosting a consumer vehicle check-up event.
The Car Care Council wants your event to be a success, so do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. After your event, let us know how it went and if you have any suggestions. Please send us photos of your event!
Reuse of articles and information found on carcare.org is encouraged with appropriate attribution, for example “reprinted with permission from the Car Care Council.” Note that some articles may also be from DriverSide.com and in that case both the CCC and DriverSide.com will need to be cited as sources. Recent articles and blog posts can be found here.
Logos The Car Care Council (CCC) encourages the use of campaign materials and logos as part of the mission to educate consumers on the importance of vehicle maintenance. To maintain the brand integrity of the “Be Car Care Aware” campaign, guidelines have been set to ensure usage is consistent and appropriate. Those guidelines can be found HERE.
The Car Care Council Starter Kit includes all of the new ‘Be Car Care Aware’ materials at a discounted rate and FREE shipping.
(1) “Car Care Month” banner
(1) “Event Today” banner
(1) “April is National Car Care Month” poster
(1) “October is Fall Car Care Month” poster
(1) Car Care Guide
(25) “Be Car Care Aware” brochures
(25) “Be Car Care Aware” mirror hangers
(25) “Be Car Care Aware” logo stickers
They can be ordered HERE.
All materials are also available individually through the online catalog.
The April and October posters are available for downloading and in-house printing.
Car Care Guides
NEW! Updated and totally redesigned, the Car Care Guide is not 80 pages and still available in English and Spanish. The guide covers major services, 12 vehicle component groups, service interval recommendations as well as an expanded section on ‘green’ car care and new sections on understanding your warranty, finding an auto repair shop and more. Check out the electronic version which you can also link to your company’s website.
Want some for your shop or business? Order online today!
COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
Communicate with your customers:
Use the Car Care Council’s information, advice and tips to communicate with your customers and prospects.
The Car Care Council’s blog located on carcare.org includes the latest press releases and information for consumers and the social media pages are constantly updated with this material. Follow and share on the following platforms:
- Facebook: Find the latest updates, see what’s popular and share content with your Facebook fans.
- Twitter: Bite-sized updates that are easy to share. Remember to tweet to us @CarCareCouncil
- YouTube: The council’s YouTube channel shows clips on car maintenance and what to expect at a repair shop. The videos are designed to make customers feel more comfortable with the vehicle maintenance process. Check out our new video on navigating an auto parts store!
- Pinterest: Here we are using the power of images to engage consumers on the importance of vehicle maintenance.
- Instagram: Engaging followers with visual car care tips and fun photos. Home of the #MaintenanceMondays campaign.
- Subscribe to our monthly e-brief newsletter for industry and campaign updates!
- Download and share Winter Car Care Tip images
In Your Business
Engage your current customer while they are in your shop!
- Download and play Car Care Clips in your waiting room.
- Use the Car Care Council’s promotional materials to promote car care months and display car care tips. When they leave, send them home with a mirror hanger in their car or with a free car care guide that includes your logo or attached business card.
In the Media:
Put your business in front of customers through the local media. Use the example press release for your upcoming event or really speak to the public with radio spot scripts. Car Care Months April and October are great times to use the national attention to spread the word on car care.
Find a list of all press releases HERE.
Subscribe to our monthly e-brief newsletter HERE.
THE CAR CARE GUIDE
The Car Care Guide
NEW! Totally Redesigned, Updated & Expanded!
- Order the car care guide for your shop or business. Guides are sold in packs of 20.
- View the electronic version of the guide.
- Request a free copy of the guide. Please provide company name and mailing address.
An electronic version of the guide can be viewed online in both English and Spanish. Please note that you may only link to the electronic version. Downloading, printing and distributing of the online guide is prohibited.
The Car Care Council’s Car Care Guide has been popular among drivers and business owners for its easy to understand, non-technical, language. Now expanded to and 80-page booklet, the guide has new sections, expanded environmental information and still covers vehicle systems, common preventative services, a service interval schedule and more. The Car Care Guide was honored with a silver award in the educational program category from Association TRENDS 2014 All-Media Contest.
The guide is great as a giveaway at check-up events or as a free take-away for consumers visiting your business. A blank space on the back of the guides available for a company stamp, sticker or business card. In bulk quantities, a custom cover can be printed to include your logo and/or business information.
If you have any questions about the new guide or placing orders, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-333-1800.
TUNE UP YOUR WEBSITE
Tune Up Your Website
Incorporate the Car Care Council’s content on your website.
- Add the Car Care Council logo to your page.
- Add a display banner promoting National Car Care Month or Fall Car Care Month.
- Display or link to recent consumer articles.
- Link to the Service Interval Schedule where consumers can enter their vehicle information to receive email updates when basic maintenance services are due.
- Upload Car Care Clips help customers better understand their trip to a repair shop. They can be downloaded HERE.
- Link to the electronic version of the car care guide. Note: This version is not to be downloaded and distributed. The electronic version may only be linked.
- Download and share Winter Car Care Tip images.
Don’t forget to find and follow us on our social media platforms as well!
CAR CARE CLIPS
Car Care Video Clips
Share online or play in your shop! The Car Care Council has a series of short videos to engage and inform customers. The “Auto Service and Repair: What to Expect” videos provide straight talk for customers about the repair shop experience. The goal is to give consumers a behind-the-scenes look and feel comfortable so they don’t postpone necessary maintenance and repairs.
Video 1: Finding the Right Repair Shop Video 2: Do I Have to Return to the Dealership? Video 3: What to Expect at the Repair Shop? Video 4: How to Communicate & Ask Questions Video 5: Why Pay for Diagnostics? Video 6: Buying the Right Part Video 7: Preventive Maintenance is the Key Video 8: Before You Leave the Shop Checklist The latest video, “Explore an Auto Parts Store” takes the unknown out of auto parts stores and opens the door to the neighborhood part store for all vehicle owners. These few minutes give a jump start to light DIY projects for the everyday driver. The more you understand about your car, the better ‘in tune’ you are when maintenance is required! Car Care Minutes The Car Care Council also offers other great videos that advice on topics ranging from seasonal car care and road travel tips, to information on cabin air filters, gas saving tips and vehicle sounds and smells.
The Latest on the Car Care Council
The council frequently distributes press releases, articles and videos to the media.
- Read industry releases
- Read consumer articles
- Subscribe to the monthly Car Care Council eBrief (Read the latest newsletter here)
- Share our recent infographic: Save Gas Beyond the Pump
- Latest #MaintenanceMondays tips.
- The Green Aftermarket Story
- Find upcoming events across the country
- View our NEW Car Care Guide in English and Spanish
- Read the latest from the Car Care Council Women’s Board.
Registration Open: Car Care Council Women’s Board Summer Leadership Conference
Join the Women’s Board in Denver, CO August 13-14 for a day and a half education and networking conference at the Grand Hyatt Denver.
This summer conference will also offer a special breakfast session for attendees under 40 to learn and network with the Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG). First-time YANG attendees will receive the Women’s Board associate discount. Early Bird registration ends July 8.
Auto Care Careers Website
The Auto Care Association has launched a new website, www.autocarecareers.org, to educate young people about, and attract them to, careers in the auto care industry. The website features resources and information highlighting the variety of professional positions and career paths offered by the industry. Resources include downloadable factsheets for a variety of audiences and a Careers section that features positions, advancement opportunities and career trajectories available in five different industry segments.
NEW! Updated ‘Be Car Care Aware’ Materials
The Car Care Council is ringing in the new year with updated materials, from banners to informational mirror hangers, to help auto care businesses celebrate National Car Care Month in April and Fall Car Care Month in October.
The new materials are available for online purchase individually or as a pre-packaged kit. Buy together and save — the kit offers a discount at $49 plus FREE shipping! Learn more about the new kit and materials.
Are you hosting an event this month? Remember to register!
- Auto Care Careers Resources and Website
- Car Care Clips
- Car Care Guide: Electronic
- Car Care Guide: Order
- e-brief: Monthly newsletter archives
- e-brief: Sign-up
- Event Finder
- Find A Shop
- Host an Event
- Learn more about the Aftermarket Green Story
- Museum Exhibit: Auto Care Center
- Online Banners
- Order Materials
- POS Kit
- Posters (Downloadable version)
- Press Releases: Consumer
- Press Releases: Industry
- Press Release Template
- Service Schedule Interval
- “Test Drive” video
- Winter Car Care- Shareable images
- Women’s Board