Individuals and businesses representing all levels of the automotive aftermarket industry are encouraged to participate in the “Be Car Care Aware” campaign!
The Car Care Council is the information source for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign, providing information on the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair.
Drive more consumers to your business and built a positive brand by getting involved.
How can I get involved?
- Use Free Promotional Marketing Materials
- Tune up Your Website
- Participate in car care months in April and October
- Host a Consumer Vehicle Check-Up Event
- Join us Online
- Order Popular Car Care Guides
- Post your Shop on the Shop Finder
Learn more about the campaign HERE
For questions about the campaign, contact Rachel Ludlow at email@example.com.
PARTICIPATE IN CAR CARE MONTHS
Participate in Car Care Months
National Car Care Month in April and Fall Car Care Month in October are great opportunities to drive more customers to your business. Whether you add a web banner or host a full-scale vehicle check-up event, you can reinforce current customer loyalty and attract new customers.
- Host an event.
- Attend an event in your area
- Hand out Car Care Guides to your customers.
- Participate in marketing efforts. Try these easy ways:
- Add “Be Car Care Aware” car care month logos to your website or promotional materials.
- Post National Car Care Month or Fall Car Care Month banners on your website. Link to your car care month efforts or back to www.carcare.org.
- Send out a press release about your event using the Sample Fall Car Care Month press release
- Hang a car care month banner outside your business.
- Hang a car care month poster in your business.
- Tailor your company’s telephone on-hold message.
- Show video car care tips now or all year long!
HOST AN EVENT
Host an Event
The council has produced a variety of resources and marketing and promotional materials to help repair shops and other aftermarket businesses hop onto the National Car Care Month bandwagon. There is no one-size-fits-all template for participating.
A repair shop could:
- Hang a banner from the council celebrating car care month over one bay and invite current and prospective customers to come by for a free inspection or pick up a free Car Care Guide.
- Partner with other shops or retailers to host an event with free vehicle inspections.
Events can include:
- A local radio station remote
- A custom/race/antique car show
- Police child safety seat demos
- Refreshments from a local restaurant
- Moonbounce and face painting for children
- Demo tables showing worn out wiper blades, hoses, dirty filters, worn tires, dirty engine oil and other vehicle maintenance education.
A business who hosts an event at any level can expect to give themselves a leg up on the competition by making their business more visible to car owners in their community.
- Complete the online event registration to be added to the event finder and be included in the Car Care Council social media promotion.
- Place an order for a POS kit and for any promotional materials you want to give to your customers at the event.
Event Planning Resources:
- Register your event on carcare.org to appear in the Event Finder and be included in the council’s social media promotion.
- Test Drive Video: Watch this video to learn about hosting an event.
- CCM Event planner: The Event Planner is a how-to checklist for planning and hosting a consumer vehicle check-up event.
The Car Care Council wants your event to be a success, so do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. After your event, let us know how it went and if you have any suggestions. Please send us photos of your event!
Reuse of articles and information found on carcare.org is encouraged with appropriate attribution, for example “reprinted with permission from the Car Care Council.” Note that some articles may also be from DriverSide.com and in that case both the CCC and DriverSide.com will need to be cited as sources. Recent articles and blog posts can be found here.
The Car Care Council (CCC) encourages the use of campaign materials and logos as part of the mission to educate consumers on the importance of vehicle maintenance. To maintain the brand integrity of the “Be Car Care Aware” campaign, guidelines have been set to ensure usage is consistent and appropriate. Those guidelines can be found HERE.
Start showing your involvement with the Car Care Council POS Kit.
(1) Car Care Guide
(25) Vehicle Inspection Forms
(25) Engine Repower Brochures
(25) Mirror Hangers
(2) Vehicle Check-Up Event Banners
(1) Countermat (English/Spanish)
(1) Vehicle Systems Poster
(1) National Car Care Month Poster (April)
(1) Fall Car Care Month Poster (October)
(1) How to Host Vehicle Check-Up Events CD/DVD
They can be ordered HERE.
If you are looking to replenish a kit or simply need one or two items, ask about a-la-carte pricing by e-mail at email@example.com or call 240-333-1088.
Mirror hangers with gas-saving tips make a great leave–behind after a car has been serviced at your shop or a take-away at free car check-up events. http://www.carcare.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DSSSM_mirror.pdf . Printable gas tips can also be put on display with this larger poster http://www.carcare.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DSSSM_poster.pdf or given to technicians with this smaller, pocket-sized version. http://www.carcare.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DSSM_tip.pdf
Car Care Guides
The guide features 60 pages of information covering nine major services, 12 vehicle component groups, service interval recommendations and much more. You can also link to the electronic version on your company’s website. To learn more about the how you can order the guide and view it online, click HERE.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
Communicate with your customers:
Use the Car Care Council’s information, advice and tips to communicate with your customers and prospects.
The Car Care Council’s blog located on carcare.org includes the latest press releases and information for consumers and the social media pages are constantly updated with this material. Follow and share on the following platforms:
- Facebook: Find the latest updates, see what’s popular and share content with your Facebook fans.
- Twitter: Bite-sized updates that are easy to share. Remember to tweet to us @CarCareCouncil
- YouTube: The council’s YouTube channel shows clips on car maintenance and what to expect at a repair shop. The videos are designed to make customers feel more comfortable with the vehicle maintenance process. Look out for a new video series on navigating a DIY and parts store!
- Pinterest: Here we are using the power of images to engage consumers on the importance of vehicle maintenance.
In Your Business
Engage your current customer while they are in your shop!
- Download and play Car Care Clips in your waiting room.
- Use the Car Care Council’s promotional materials to promote car care months and display car care tips. When they leave, send them home with a mirror hanger in their car or with a free car care guide that includes your logo or attached business card.
In the Media:
Put your business in front of customers through the local media. Use the example press release for your upcoming event or really speak to the public with radio spot scripts. Car Care Months April and October are great times to use the national attention to spread the word on car care.
Find a list of all press releases HERE.
THE CAR CARE GUIDE
The Car Care Guide
The car care guide is a 60-page resource for consumers that fits easily in the glove box. It covers 12 vehicle component groups, nine major services, offers a service interval schedule and more. It is great as a giveaway at check-up events or as a free take-away for consumers visiting your business. A blank space on the back of the guides available for a company stamp, sticker or business card. An electronic version of the guide can be viewed online as well a free copy for consumers. The online guide can be viewed in English and Spanish and the printed version of the guide is available in English, Spanish, English metric and French. Please note that while you may only link to the electronic version. Downloading and distributing of the online guide is prohibited.
- Order bulk quantities of the car care guide.
- View the electronic version of the guide.
- Order a free copy of the guide.
If you are interested in personalizing the guide by printing special copies, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-333-1800.
TUNE UP YOUR WEBSITE
Tune Up Your Website
Incorporate the Car Care Council’s content on your website.
- Add the Car Care Council logo to your page.
- Add a display banner promoting National Car Care Month or Fall Car Care Month.
- Display or link to recent consumer articles.
- Link to the Service Interval Schedule where consumers can enter their vehicle information to receive email updates when basic maintenance services are due.
- Upload Car Care Clips help customers better understand their trip to a repair shop. They can be downloaded HERE.
- Link to the electronic version of the car care guide. Note: This version is not to be downloaded and distributed. The electronic version may only be linked.
Don’t forget to find and follow us on our social media platforms as well!
CAR CARE CLIPS
Car Care Video Clips
Share online or play in your shop! Th Car Care Council has a series of short videos to engage and inform customers.
The “Auto Service and Repair: What to Expect” videos provide straight talk for customers about the repair shop experience. The goal is to give consumers a behind-the-scenes look and feel comfortable so they don’t postpone necessary maintenance and repairs.
Video 1: Finding the Right Repair Shop
Video 2: Do I Have to Return to the Dealership?
Video 3: What to Expect at the Repair Shop?
Video 4: How to Communicate & Ask Questions
Video 5: Why Pay for Diagnostics?
Video 6: Buying the Right Part
Video 7: Preventive Maintenance is the Key
Video 8: Before You Leave the Shop Checklist
Car Care Minutes
The Car Care Council also offers other great videos that advice on topics ranging from seasonal car care and road travel tips, to information on cabin air filters, gas saving tips and vehicle sounds and smells.
The Latest on the Car Care Council
The council frequently distributes press releases, articles and videos to the media.
- Read industry releases.
- Read consumer articles.
- Latest car care videos:
- “Auto Service and Repair: What to Expect” clips
- Look out for the upcoming video series on navigating an auto parts store!
- The Green Aftermarket Story
- Find upcoming events across the country
April is National Car Care Month. The Car Care Council recommends 10 basic maintenance procedures to make sure vehicles are running at their peak.
Are you hosting an event this month? Remember to register!
- Car Care Clips
- Car Care Guide: Electronic
- Car Care Guide: Order
- Event Finder
- Find A Shop
- Host an Event
- Learn more about the Aftermarket Green Story
- Online Banners
- Order Materials
- POS Kit
- Press Releases: Consumer
- Press Releases: Industry
- Press Release Template
- Service Schedule Interval
- “Test Drive” video
- Women’s Board