Women’s Board Executive Committee
The Women’s Executive Committee is comprised of the President, past president, three committee chairs and assigned Auto Care Association staff.
The President is elected for a three year term and appoints committee chairs to serve for a three year term. Each committee chair appoints six active associates for a two year term.
The Committees are charged with providing opportunities, education and career leadership to women in and entering the auto care industry. The committees each have projects that obtain revenue and sponsorship to fund the Women’s Board, Car Care Council and Scholarship program.
Committees & Chairs
Member Development Committee Chair:
Tammy Chaffee, Spectrum Brands – Global Auto Care
The Member Development Committee encourages leadership in women in the auto care industry through mentoring, membership retention and recognition.
- Mentoring – successful implementation of mentor program available to all active Women Board associates
- Retention – welcome new associates by individual outreach and connect with past conference attendees to investigate and reinstate expired membership and/or attendance
- Recognition – set criteria, review nominations and award the Women of the Year awards at AAPEX
- Development – create value for associates which ultimately increases dues and sponsorship opportunities that support the Women’s Board, Car Care Council and the Scholarship program
Education and Development Committee Chair:
Vonda Lee, Supply Line International
The Education and Development Committee is devoted to the development of women coming into the Automotive Aftermarket, through scholarships and education/career support.
- Administer the Scholarship Program – review all scholarship applicants, choose the winners and award the scholarships
- Fund Raising for Scholarships – implement the Women’s Board annual winter silent auction and create other opportunities of scholarship fund raising
- Career Coaching – create and maintain a coaching program with our past and present scholarship winners; a program that will support them through their education needs as well as their career needs
- Outreach – create and maintain a database of schools and guidance councilors to educate them about the multiple high value job opportunities in the automotive aftermarket and the availability of scholarships to students
Marketing and Recruitment Committee Chair:
Tina Choinacky, N.A. Williams Company
The Marketing and Recruitment Committee is in charge of marketing, fundraising initiatives and recruiting new associates.
- Recruitment – actively recruiting new Women Board Associates
- Sponsorship Program – grow and maintaining a strong sponsorship program to fund the Women’s Board, Car Care Council and the Scholarship Program.
- Marketing- drive awareness about all the Women’s Board activates and Associates achievements through traditional marketing and social media
- Community Outreach – assist the Car Care Council in marketing the bi-annual “Be Care Aware campaign”
- Automotive Communication Awards – administer the annual Automotive Communications Awards, encourage automotive companies to submit entries for the awards, review submissions and award the winners at AAPEX
Auto Care Association Staff
Katy McQuiston, Staff Liaison, Women’s Board | Manager, Job and Career Development, Auto Care Association
Nadia Aboulhouda, Manager, Meetings and Events, Auto Care Association