The news is full of stories about soaring airfares, checked bag fess and extended wait times in airport security lines. When you consider the time and cost of flying, it becomes clear that travel by car is the way to go, says the non-profit Car Care Council.
“Standing in line for hours in order to board an overcrowded plane after paying extra to check bags has made air travel a real headache, ” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “With no relief in sight, more and more travelers are realizing the benefits of driving to their destinations. Since a family of four can travel 1,000 miles round-trip by car for about the cost of one airline ticket, driving is clearly the sensible option.”
- Leave when you want, from where you want.
- Pack whatever and as much as you want.
- No waiting in long ticket counter and security lines.
- No weather delays.
- No baggage, meal or headset fees.
- More and better meal options.
- No airport parking, rental car or taxi expenses.
- More legroom and overall comfort.
- Stop and stretch any time.
- No strangers sitting next to you.
- Convenience and ease of taking your pet with you.
Before you hit the road, the Car Care Council recommends that you get your vehicle inspected, restock your emergency kit and order a free copy of the Car Care Council’s popular Car Care Guide for the glove box at www.carcare.org/car-care-guide.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For a free copy of the council’s 80-page Car Care Guide or for more information, visit www.carcare.org.