This video tells us a bit about the automotive aftermarket’s efforts to remain green.
Did you know that the automotive aftermarket has been protecting the environment for decades?
By the numbers:
- 95% of repair shops recycle engine oils
- 50% of filters are recycled
- 300 million tires are recycled every year
- 98% of aftermarket companies recycle car batteries, saving 1.4 billion pounds of lead from being dumped.
- Re-manufacturing can mean that 88% of raw materials are reused requiring 50% less energy.