Auto technicians say the key to keeping vehicles running well-today and down the road-is routine maintenance. Yet many drivers tend to stall when it comes to keeping up with some everyday auto-basics. A recent survey by the Car Care Council found:
- 22 percent of cars had low or dirty engine oil.
- 20 percent had inadequate cooling protection.
- 19 percent had dirty air filters.
- 18 percent had low or contaminated brake fluid.
- 14 percent needed new belts.
For your convenience, the Car Care Council developed a Service Interval Schedule to help you keep track of regular maintenance. Most of the checks and services described here can be done at little or no cost. Best of all, they are quick and easy to do.